SFTC Trail Series CompetitionThe following races shall be part of the 2013 SFTC Trail Series Competition:
- Phipps Bend River Run ("PBRR")
- Xterra Power to the Tower Half Marathon("XT")
- Laurel Run Ascent 11 miler ("LRA")
- Run the Tunnel ("RTT")
- Wolf Run 7 Miler ("WR")
- Bays Mountain 15 Miler ("BM")
- Iron Mountain Trail Run* ("IM")
- Bridge and Trestle Guerilla Run 17 Miler ("B&T")
2013 Current Standings
2012 Final Standings
2011 Final Standings
2010 Final Standings
2009 Final Standings
* Note: The Iron Mountain Trail Run consists of 16, 30 and 50 mile races. Only the 16 mile race is part of the Trail Series.
- Runners must complete at least 4 of the designated races.
- Runners must be SFTC members on race day for a particular race to count towards their Trail Series score.
- The runner's age group for the year will be determined by their age on the first race they run for the season.
- Runners must sign up before or on race day for the trail series for the race to count by sending an e-mail to the Trail Series Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include name, birthdate, e-mail address and phone number.
- Runners must earn at least 5 SFTC Volunteer Points, 4 of which must be earned through volunteer acts at SFTC-owned or hired races.
Scoring:Each of the Trail Series races will be scored as follows (similar to cross-country type scoring):
(a) Each Trail Series runner will be assigned points for each race corresponding to their position in the race relative to other Trail Series runners. For example, if a runner places 5th overall in the race but is the first SFTC member to finish, then that runner receives 1 point. If another Trail Series runner finishes 8th overall and is the second SFTC member to finish, then that runner receives 2 points.
(b) A runner's Trail Series score will be the sum of their points for their top three races.
(c) The runner with the lowest score wins.
(d) If there's a tie, the runner who has completed the most races will win the tie.
Awards:Awards will be given at the SFTC annual banquet as follows:
(i) Top 3, male and female
(ii) Top 3 masters (40 - 49), male and female
(iii) Top 3 grandmasters (50 and over), male and female
(iv) The overall male and female winners shall receive $50 gift certificates to Foot Rx Johnson City (courtesy of Foot Rx JC).
(v) All runners that complete four Trail Series races will receive a special award at the banquet.
Printer-Friendly Information Sheet (pdf)
Any questions? Contact the Trail Series Competition Scorekeeper.