June 19, 2009
Board Members present:
Board Members/Position Holders present:
Members and Guests Present: Molly Allen, Gracie Allen and Barbara Bogart
Approval of Minutes:
Treasurer’s Report – Mary Rodriguez
Total Income since last report: $ 368.44
Total Expenses since last report: $ 122.86
Total Assets as of 6/18/2009: $17,988.13
The full report is attached as Exhibit 1.
Grants: Year-end reports have been received from Girls on the Run and Abraham Lincoln’s Road Pride programs. The Club has received two new grant applications. They are:
● Girls on the Run: The program is requesting a $500.00 grant for program scholarships. After a brief discussion the following action was taken by the Board:
● Ross N. Robinson Middle School Cross Country: Terry Diamond, Cross Country coach for RNR has requested a $500 grant to fund weekly incentive awards and team breakfasts. After a thorough discussion the following action was taken by the Board:
Motion: Rhonda Denham – SFTC approves the $500 grant request from Ross N. Robinson’s Cross Country Coach for weekly incentive awards and team breakfasts.
• Foot RX 5 Miler – Well organized race with great shirts and food.
• Duck Island Spring Mile – Great participation with 30 in the Kids Mile and 11 in the Open Mile. A total of six new state records.
Help Pet Miles - A fun event at
• Covered Bridge 5k – Another fun race but the awards were not presented until 9:30, two hours after the start of the race.
• Summer Track Meet: Went really well with a great turn out.
• Varmint Half Marathon and 5k: Another good race with a lot of Club members participating. Next year’s shirts will be pink and all the kids will receive a small sheep.
• AmazinGrace 5k: Fantastic inaugural event with 334 finishers in the 5k. Noted that it was nice to have the mile event free to all. Congratulations to Gracie Allen for placing as third girl in the Kids Mile!
10K: Jason and
Challenge 6k – Rhonda Denham is the liaison.
• Firecracker 4 Miler – Begins at 7:00 a.m. with a pool party afterwards.
• Wolf Run 7 Miler – Begins at 6:30 p.m. Race Director has promised the shirts are very nice!
• Phipps Bend 5k – Scheduled to begin at 8:00 a.m. on July 25th.
• Creeper Classic – Cancelled.
RRCA Race Insurance:
The Club is continuing its efforts to notify Race Directors of the change regarding race insurance. The following actions have been or will be taken:
- The Board agreed the Club should invest in obtaining additional stands/poles
in order to have longer finish line chutes available for larger events as well
as new flagging for the chute. It was
also agreed that
Racewalk Championship – The Race Director has
contacted the club requesting mailing labels and a liaison for the race.
Distance Series Awards – 33 members have signed up to participate in the LDS
and one member has already qualified.
Distance Series – Based on previous discussions during Board meetings,
Motion: Mary Rodriguez – For 2009 forward, the Highlands Spring Chase 15k is an acceptable race for LDS participants to use as a wildcard race.
There being no time to conduct further business, all remaining agenda items were tabled and the meeting was adjourned.
The next meeting will be on Thursday, July 23rd.