March 12, 2009
Board Members/Position Holders present:
Members and Guests Present:
Approval of Minutes:
Treasurer's Report – Mary Rodriguez
Total Income since last report: $ 1,573.70
Total Expenses since last report: $ 289.08
Total Assets as of March 12, 2009: $17,661.61
RRCA Race Insurance Update –
At the February meeting the Board discussed the issue of whether our insurance purchased through the RRCA would cover all the races currently on our list of “managed” races. After corresponding with an insurance representative and the RRCA, Jason has received an additional “Frequently Asked Questions” document that lists the five criteria the Board reviewed and discussed at the February meeting plus the additional criteria that the Club must manage funds and registration of the event.
After much discussion, it was agreed that the Club does not want to become involved with handling the funds and registration process for all the events listed as “managed” events. The following action items were assigned:
question remaining regarding is will the Club’s insurance cover SFTC members
working a race where the Club is only managing the finish line.
10 Miler (
Snakes 10k (
Take Back the
Night 5k (
- Highlands Spring Chase 15k (Mary Rodriguez): The event is set for March 28th. Mary has discussed with the Race Director the possibility of changing this event to a 10 miler so that it can be included in the Long Distance Series. The Race Director seemed open to this possibility.
Phipps Bend 5k (
Running Tour (
Help Pet Miles – Paw Print Sprint and Wiggle Waggle Walk One Mile Events: The insurance question from last month has
been resolved and the event is set for May 30th.
- Girls Incorporated of Bristol/Bristol Challenge 6k: Tabled until the April meeting.
- 5k race in downtown Abingdon (John Iskra): John is working with James Agner (Race Director for the Highlands Spring Chase 15k) to organize a 5k race to be held on August 1st during the Highlands Festival. John is requesting to hire SFTC to manage the finish line and provide volunteers. Mary Rodriguez agreed to be the Liaison.
Low Vision Center
Races (Jordan Bozeman): The Low Vision
Center is coordinating races in cities where their offices are located.
After considerable discussion, the following action was taken by the Board:
Awards Banquet will be held on Saturday, December 12, 2009 at The Red Room in
Long Distance Series – Discussion was tabled until the April meeting
Due to the lack of content being submitted by members, it has not been feasible to publish Split Times on a quarterly basis. The Board discussed the purpose and need for the publication. After a lengthy discussion of the matter, the following action was taken by the Board:
Motion: Michael Pope –
News and Information
· Injury Prevention Seminar: Steve and Allison Pastorek will be asked to give an update at the April meeting.
· Grants: Tabled until the April meeting. Board members were asked to review previous emails regarding this matter and be prepared to discuss at the April meeting.
Walk Representative: The current Race
Walk Representative has not been able to attend the Board meetings for quite a
long time. The Board discussed the need
and desire to appoint a new representative who would be able to participate in
Board meetings and Club events.
Next Meeting: The April Board Meeting will be held at 6:30 p.m. on
Thursday, April 16th in Room 214 of the