State of Franklin Track Club
May 20, 2010
Board Members present: Jason Goodman, Mary Rodriguez, Bob Townsend, Michael Pope, Matthew Studholme, Earl Brown, Rhonda Denham
Members present: Harriett Locke, Wendy Weidner, Austin Denham, Bill Dickerson, Andy Fletcher, Nicole Goodman, Ella Goodman, Mark Skelton
Approval of Minutes: Jason Goodman stated that the final draft minutes of the April meeting had been sent to each member of the Board. Motion was made to approve the minutes. Minutes were approved.
Treasurer’s Report – Mary Rodriguez
Total Income since last report: $2,233.34
Total Expenses since last report: $1692.09
Total Assets as of 03/18/2010: $18,409.37
Recent Race and Event Updates:
Brief reports were provided for the following races:
· Run the Tunnel
· Animal Chase
· Justin Foundation
· Run the Gump
· Foot RX 5k
· Girls on the Run
· Holly Help Pet Miles
· Flying Pig Marathon/Half Marathon – Cincinnati, OH
Upcoming Races and Events:
Brief discussion took place regarding the following upcoming races:
· Duck Island
· Snap-On Tools
· Bill Gatton 5k
· CASA 5k
· Covered Bridge
· Varmint ˝ Marathon
· Highlands Spring Chase: Motion was made to recommend to Highlands Springs Chase Race Director (James) to turn race into 10 miler and remove the portion in the subdivision. If he approves, the race will be added to LDS and will remain K&Q despite change. Approved. Matthew to contact James.
· Bridge and Trestle: Date set for Nov. 7th 2010.
· The meeting was suspended at this point to celebrate Bob Townsend’s 60th birthday. Happy Birthday, Bob!
· Summer Track Meets: Dates have not been posted. Jason will contact Phil.
· St. Annes 5k: It was confirmed that the St Anne’s 5k is indeed K&Q.
· Abingdon Main St. 5k: SFTC will do finish line July 31st, 8:00pm.
· Scholarship: One application was received for the SFTC scholarship from Emma Studholme. Jason made a motion to award the scholarship. Rhonda second. Approved. $500 to be paid directly to VA Highlands.
· Split Times and Brochures: The board expressed pleasure at the quality of the latest issue of Split Times and the SFTC brochure.
· Posting Split Times on Website: There was discussion regarding posting of split times on the website. We will post back issues on the website.
· Equipment: One of the small clocks is not working. After examination, it appears the clock will need to be sent to the manufacturer for repair/replacement of the circuit board.
· Grants: Two grants have been received thus far for the May deadline. Jason will forward grant application out to the Board prior to the June meeting.
· Chip Timing System: There was discussion around the use of chip-style timing systems and whether the purchase of one by SFTC would be valuable. After some discussion, the topic was tabled for future discussion. Jason to ask Hank Brown how data is entered when We Run Events is hired to do chip timing.
● Volunteer Points for KFOM: Jason made a motion to provide volunteer points to individuals who volunteer at KFOM events. Matthew 2nd. Approved.
There being no further matters for discussion, the meeting was adjourned. The next meeting of the Board will be at 6:30 p.m. on June 17, 2010 at the Eastman Employee Center in Kingsport.