State of Franklin Track Club

Board Meeting

August 18, 2011

 

Voting Board Members Present: Matthew Studholme, Bob Townsend, Mary Rodriguez, Sheri Nemeth, Tom Murrell, Michael Pope, Ruth Ketron, Steve Pastorek, Ruth Ketron

 

Members Present: Barbara Bogart, Eleanor Pendergraft, Caitlin Wilson, Gene Chumley, Mark Skelton, Bill Dickerson, Clyde Kidd, Barbara Taylor, Donna Bays, Reese Bays

 

Guests Present: None

 

Approval of Minutes: Matthew Studholme stated Michael Pope had sent out minutes from June 2011 meeting to all Board members.  The minutes of the meeting were, upon motion duly made and seconded, approved as presented.

 

Treasurer’s Report:

 

            Total Income since last report:

                        July 21 – Aug 18, 2011              $     262.01

                        YTD 2011                                  $ 12,985.32

            Total Expenses since last report:

                        July 21 – Aug 18, 2011               $   1,218.62

                        YTD 2011                                  $ 15,828.79      

            Total Assets as of 8/18/11:                     $ 11,951.98

   

Outstanding invoices from 2010:  All 2010 invoices have been paid. 2011 invoices past due/ outstanding Spring Fever Triathlon, Clinch River Trail Run, Mosheim Band Boosters, Clinch Mountain Bike Ride, Abingdon Main Street 5K, Astros 5K.

 

Finish Line Management:

 

Equipment:

Seiko Timers have two toggle switches, one on each side.  Both must be down.  One timer did not work.  The Ext button on the right was up so the timer did not work.  This is just an FYI for race directors.

 

Download cables for Timetec timers are missing.  Does anyone know where these are?  They were missing when Bob picked up the timers for Astros race and he does not know where they are.

 

Request for New Race Management:

Phil Horner has requested finish line management for the Chase the Turkey 5k on Thanksgiving day.  He would like to use chip timing.  Concerns were expressed about the ability to get volunteers for Thanksgiving morning and that it competes against the Johnson City race.  Matthew volunteered to be the race liaison for the race.   Matthew made a motion to chip time the race, Mary seconded the motion, and motion was approved as presented.

 

Upcoming Engagements:

Eastman Youth Runs – Friday, September 9th   - Donna Bays volunteered to be race liaison

 

Eastman Road Races – Saturday, September 10th    - Chip timing 10k, 3K, and 3K walk.  Need volunteers.  Significant income for the club.

 

Raiders Run XC Meet – Thursday, September 15th      - Chip timing

Rhythm & Roots 5K & 2 Mile Walk – Saturday, September 17th      - Chip timing

Central Baptist Church 5K – Sunday, September 18th   - Chip timing

 

Dr. Ruth presented the entry form for the 5K USATF National Championship on Oct. 1.  A question on whether they want chip timing will be answered at their next meeting.

 

Bob requested help with the booth on Friday for the Eastman expo.  Bill Dickerson, Ruth Ketron, and Mary Rodriguez volunteered.

 

New Business:

The club discussed what should go on the SFTC banner.  It was suggested the logo, website, SFTC, “volunteer to help at races”, “Join the Club”.  Tom Murrell is going to get quotes.  Suggested banner size is 6’ wide by 3’ high to fit the club table.  Matthew is going to provide a layout to Tom. 

 

The club received a request from King College for a grant to support their track program.  They want to improve the high jump and throwing areas through a $5,000 fund drive.  Matthew suggested Mary send a note back stating we have a grant program that selects recipients in July and December.  Mary agreed to draft a letter for approval.

 

The following positions are up for nomination: 

Equipment Manager:

Steve volunteered to allow the club to store the equipment at Foot Rx for free.  They would also take care of signing it in and out.  This would save the club $732 per year. Matthew expressed concern that it would be a conflict of interest.  Bob stated we also need to find someone that can repair the equipment. Donna volunteered to still help with repair of equipment next year.

 

Kids Festival of Mile Coordinator (Volunter):

Donna stated Kevin Barham may be interested in helping with this position.

 

District Rep 1 Johnson City - Elected

District Rep 3 Kingsport - Elected

President-Elect - Elected 

 

Bob will put out a blast for officer nominations for the club.  We need to include a job description for each position.

 

Request for Volunteers:

Sheri requested volunteers for the Red Skin Rally on Sept 8th at Domtar Park.  This is a middle school event that will have around 500 runners.  Girls race starts at 4:30 and the boy start at 5:00.  She will post it on the website.

 

RunScore/Chip Timing Class:

It was agreed to hold the class on August 29th from 6-9PM at the Eastman Employee Center.  Donna will schedule the room.  Donna will put it on the website and limit to 12 people with a request to sign up.

 

Next Meeting:

Thursday, Sept. 22nd at 6:30 pm Eastman Employee Center