State of Franklin Track Club
October 13, 2011
Voting board members present: Michael Pope, Bob Townsend, Mary Rodriguez, Matthew Studholme, Jason Goodman, Steve Pastorek, Tom Murrell.
Others present: Daniel Ball, Donna Bays, Barbara Bogart, Hank Brown, Hannah Cutshall, Clint Dowda, Ray Gravitte, Dan Hoyle, Justin Hunt, Liane Jennings, Wes McElray, Eleanor Pendergraft, Debi Secor, Mark Skelton, Jeff Stout, Barbara Taylor.
· New Year’s Day run – Matthew Studholme suggested that members only get to run for free if they pre-register by 12/24. After this date, all participants (both members and non-members) would pay $20 on race day. This would tremendously help race management.
· Minutes of the last meeting were accepted. Michael Pope made motion to approve; Tom Murrell seconded. Motion passed.
· Treasurer’s & Rental report was read and reviewed.
· Club will be chip timing Pioneer 5 miler, New Years Day Wake-Up 5k, & War Party 10K.
· October 22nd – Roan Mountain 10K still looking for volunteers.
· November 6th – Bridge & Trestle 17 miler – all volunteers need to contact Rob Schoborg.
· November 12th – YWCA has requested chip timing for their Turkey Trot race, but no one from the SFTC is available. Tom Murrell will go back to the YWCA with other options.
· November 13th – Speedway in Lights 5K- SFTC is chip timing.
· March 31st – ARC of Washington County is requesting Finish Line Management from SFTC for a 5K. Malessa Fleenor of ARC Washington County presented the request. Matthew made motion; Steve seconded. Motion approved.
· 2011 LDS awards – SFTC will allow $25 per recipient again this year towards sweatshirt or fleece jacket.
· 2012 Competitions – K&Q, LDS, KFOM, Adult Mile Series, Trail Series: Any changes to the schedules must be made by the next board meeting.
o Side note: Steve suggested that the K&Q races be listed first on the website Event Calendar where multiple races are held on the same day; Matthew will make the change.
· Membership Survey – Sheri is proposing that a list of questions for a membership survey is assembled. Sheri was not at the meeting. It will be raised for further discussion at a future date.
· Top high school runners – Donna will check with Oscar Wagner, whether he will continue to coordinate the high school runner of the year award.
· It was suggested that the final results of the 2011 SFTC competitions be submitted to local newspapers. It was agreed that this was a good idea and should be done.
· Mr. & Mrs. Mileage will be awarded independently of other awards to give them more “spotlight/recognition”.
· The Studholmes will do the kids door prizes. The Goodmans will do the adult door prizes.
· Next meeting – Thursday November 17th.