State of Franklin Track Club

Board Meeting

October 9, 2012

 

Voting Board Members Present: Steve Pastorek, Bob Townsend, Sheri Nemeth, Matthew Studholme, Debi Secor, Mary Rodriguez, Sam Culbertson

 

Members Present: Mark Skelton, Oscar Wagner, Gene Chumley, Dan Hoyle, Barbara Bogart, Jerry Robertson, Kathleen Rogan

 

Guests Present: None

 

Approval of Minutes: Oscar provided the September 2012 meeting minutes today.They will be sent to all Board members for approval.

 

Treasurerís Report:

 

Mary e-mailed the treasurerís report.Highlights from the report are:

 

††††††††††††††††††††††† †††† Sept. 18 Ė Oct 9, 2012†††††††††† †††††††††††††YTD 2012

Income †††††††††††††††† ††††††$2,639.52†††††††††† †† †††††††† ††††††††††† $29,542.95

Expense††††††††††† ††††† ††††† †††††††††$†† 397.64††††††††††† ††††††††††††††††††††††† $24,630.39

Net Income††††††† ††††† ††$ 2,241.88 †††††††††††††††††††† $4,912.56

Assets†††††††††††††† †† †††††††††††††††††††† ††††††††††††††††††††††† $19,442.64

 

Outstanding invoices are current.

 

New Business:

 

Clocks. Oscarís clock and the Foot Rx clock stand were damaged in transit to the 5K Racewalk event.The club agreed to buy Oscar a new clock and stand, Steve will take Oscarís stand, and the club is going to buy another small, double-sided clock plus a mile marker clock.†† When we receive the clocks, Jerry will stencil SFTC identification on the clocks.Sheri will contact Donna to see if they can fix the broken clock.Oscar volunteered to fix the broken clock stand.

 

Equipment Manager:Jerry Robertson has agreed to take over the position of equipment manager starting in 2013.

 

Banquet:

The Red Roof or Prattís can cater the banquet.Donna will provide more information to the club.Mark would like to present the Skelton Racing series awards and Jon Reynolds wants to present the Frontier Racing series awards.The club agreed to both.Oscar agreed to put together the agenda/program.Sheri requested that the club provide an award to all the Trail Series people that qualify.Wendy requested the Long Distance series give sweat shirts vs. fleece this year.The club agreed.

 

Roan Mountain 10k:

Bob Townsend requested the club provide more help with the race this year.He needs around 12 volunteers.

 

Duck Island Mile and Club Adventure Run:

Bob Townsend reported that both events went well in spite of the weather.Donna plans to do the adventure run again next year.

 

National 5K Racewalk Championship:

The club timed the 5K race walk this.Bobby has requested the club time the race next year.Matthew agreed to time it again next year but needs to talk to Bobby about several concerns.Sheri sent Bobby the invoice for $525.

Tusculum Cross-Country Meet:

They want SFTC to time the event again next year.The club agreed.

 

Mark Martin Race Abingdon:

There is a new race on the Creeper that the club is helping with Nov. 12th.Volunteers will be needed.

 

Race Management Position:

Matthew suggested we create a race management position vs. a chip timing coordinator.This will still be a volunteer position.†† Steve suggested we add a fuel surcharge to the race invoice to pay for Matthewís gas.Matthew will talk with Mary to develop a process.A suggestion is to add a per mile surcharge ($.25/mile) based on the distance from the race liaisonís house to the meet not to exceed $50.

 

Survey Participation:

The Board agreed to do a Board Member only meeting on Nov. 6th to review the survey and discuss the Banquet.Steve would like to have the Banquet organizers attend.

 

Competition Scorekeepers:

Matthew suggested we send out a letter to the scorekeepers thanking them and asking them if they still want to continue in 2013.. Include a restaurant gift card for $50.†† Matthew will write the letter and Debbi will get gift cards that can be used at more than one restaurant.They will be handed out at the banquet.†††

Matthew scored the Prince/Princess competition this year but would like someone to take it over in 2013. He will post the request on the SFTC web site.

 

2103 Membership Forms:

Sheri will update and get new membership forms printed.

 

Next Meeting:

The November meeting will be held on Tuesday, the 6th at 6:30pm.†† The meeting will be at the Boones Creek Christian Church. ††This will be a Board member only meeting.