Training Suggestions for Kids
Rules / 2014 KFOM Races / 2014 Standings / Race Results / Training Suggestions
For youngsters who would like to get in shape, here's a suggested training program to get you started in the right direction.
|Week||Run Minutes||Walk Minutes||How Many Times?||Total Minutes|
By the end of 8 weeks, you'll be able to run a mile (or close to it) without stopping. Your heart, lungs, and legs will all be stronger and more efficient!
- Run with a friend, brother or sister, or even your Mom or Dad.
- Stretch and warm up for a few minutes before your start.
- Begin each run at an easy pace and try to complete each run segment if possible.
- Walking is OK! Always walk 2-3 minutes at the end of your workout as a cooldown.
- During the run segments, try to look for interesting things or focus on something to occupy your mind.
- For safety, run in a park, on a trail or a greenway. Wear reflective clothing and watch out for traffic.
- Run at least 2 or 3 times each week.