SFTC Mile Series Competition
2016 Final Standings
Most seasoned runners have done a bunch of 5K's but how about mile races? The Adult Mile Series Competition is for less young runners of at least 15 years and above; there is no upper age limit to participate in this competition. Note that there is a separate SFTC competition for 14 & unders namely the Kids Festival of Miles. Some of the adult mile races are on the road throughout the year, the others are on the track as part of the SFTC Summer Track Meets. All of them are flat and fast! All of the road races are on USATF-certified courses.
Rules & Scoring
- Runners must complete at least 4 of the designated races.
- Runners must be at least 15 years old as of the date of the first race of the series (January 1) and also SFTC members on race date to be part of the competition.
- All SFTC members that meet the age requirement are automatically entered into the competition.
- A runner's Mile Series time will be the average of their times for their top four races.
- Awards will be given at the SFTC annual banquet as follows:
(i) Top male and female
(ii) Male and female age group awards 15-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60 and over, each 2-deep.
- To be eligible for awards, each participant must earn 5 volunteer service points.
- New Year's Wake Up Mile
- Duck Island Spring Mile
- The River Mile
- CASA Mile
- All four of mile races at the SFTC Summer Track Meets
- Duck Island Summer Mile
- Duck Island Fall Mile
- Santa Special Open Mile (not the Animile)
Check the Event Calendar for race dates for each event
Previous Years Competitions
Any questions? Contact Kelly at email@example.com.