SFTC 2015 Awards Banquet Report
A good time was enjoyed by all attendees at the SFTC 2015 Awards Banquet held on January 9, 2016 at the Science Hill High School Cafeteria. The evening event included a pot luck dinner, awards, and door prizes. Richard Tyner was the official photographer and took lots of great photos.
Gene Chumley, outgoing SFTC President, introduced the 2016 Board of Directors and the new Series Coordinators.
The Competition Series Awards were given out as follows:
- Wendy Weidner presenting burgundy hooded sweatshirts to the Long Distance Series qualifiers.
- Grey zip sweatshirts were presented to the Trail Series qualifiers and awards were presented to the Trail Series open and age group winners.
- Mile Series Awards were presented to qualified finishers with overall male and female winners respectively being: Andy Brockmyre and Jessica Remmert.
- King & Queen Awards were presented by Karen Seiferth to qualified finishers with overall male and female winners respectively being: Gary Pleasant and Sheri Nemeth.
- Skelton Law Racing Series Awards were presented with the overall male and female winners respectively being: Neal Whitten and Sarah Bradley.
SFTC Special Recognition Awards were given out as follows:
- Gene Chumley presented the Mr & Ms Mileage Awards with the overall male and female winners respectively being: Le Grande Boyer with 199.395 miles and Andi Crowley with 161.761 miles.
- Matthew Studholme presented the Outstanding High School Runners awards to:
Outstanding High School Female Runner was: Lydia Lee, Science Hill High School
Outstanding High School Male Runner was: Luke Meade, Sullivan East High School
- Most improved male and female runner winners were presented respectively being Ben Lindley and Patti Turpin.
- Outstanding male and female race walkers of the year winners were presented respectively being Joe Bainbridge and Ruth Ketron.
- Bob Townsend presented Volunteer Points award winner to Matthew Studholme who had an astounding 285 points.
- Bob Townsend presented a special Volunteer of the Year Award to Agnes Hurst.
- Jason Tipton presented the 2015 SFTC Shirt of the Year Award to the Bays Mountain Trail Race and the 2015 SFTC Race of the Year Award to the Wolf Run 7-Mile Trail Race.
District 2 Rep